Monday, May 9, 2011

yet another favorite

You are my sunshine,
  My only sunshine.
You make me happy,
  When skies are grey...

What makes you happy when skies are grey??  For my friend, Kit, it is painting small pleasures. But to be honest, I have never seen her not happy. She is one of those people who always has on a beautiful smile with happiness radiating from her.

And so today, I highlight Kit's blog, http://www.paintinggrey.blogspot.com/

Kit started painting to find a sense of self after her first child was born. She uses oil and watercolor, but has also used acrylics a little.  I love her various bird collections. They bring a sunshine into a room and when you look at them, you can't help but smile.  She also paints little, little watercolor scenes and turns them into necklaces, which I find ever so charming.



I knew when I first met Kit we would become freinds.  Maybe it was because we are both young moms, or that we both married Colombians, or maybe it was because we both like to try new things---what ever the reason, I know you will like her and her painting too.

Other than her beautiful work, I enjoy reading about the stories behind her paintings. I hope you do too!!


You can purchase her orginal paintings or prints from her blog. She also has an Etsy shop.


You'll never know dear,
   How much I love you.
Please don't take
   My sunshine away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It